Imran's History of Games
This page is a collection of resources related
to the history of games, primarily board games.
I'm currently working on:
Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any comments or suggestions.
- Documenting pachisi variants.
- Writing a comprehensive bibliography for Mancala variants.
- History of Backgammon (note this is a first draft, and more a collection
of my notes with some coherence added, and I plan to rewrite much of it when
I have doen some more research).
- Tables in English Literature, my analysis of pre-1850 works produced
in England which refer to Tables variants.
- Chronology of Backgammon in England, a chronology of Backgammon and
- Notes on Murray, Murray's History of Chess contains a huge amount of
incidental information on Tables variants these are my rough notes on that
- Identifying Tables (incomplete), a page based around a criteria I developed to see
if games similar to Tables are related.
Usefull external links