Justin's Humor Bookshelf
This shelf is full of random silliness, little of it containing
any real redeeming social value save that it has at one time struck
Justin as amusing. Books here include:
- A thick tome titled The Top
Five List, containing hundreds if not thousands of lists that
manage to just barely evade a trademark-infringement lawsuit from
- A hand-mimeographed leaflet titled
The Game of Love,
describing in detail how Dungeons and Dragons inspires Satan
worship. As you flip through it, you sort of nervously wish you
could be sure that it was a joke.
- An encyclopaedic book of
Pretty Strange Sites, one per page. Fun bathroom reading,
- A sales flyer from
Luddite Industries, which
almost has to be a Subgenius front.
- A complete collection of back issues of
The Onion, the trailblazing
satire of modern American news.
- A short technical document, giving the official procedures for
- A catalog of Demotivational Tools from
- A somewhat straight-faced report on how to use
Doom as a
System Administration Tool.
- A set of back issues of
The Annals of Improbable
Research, including an appendix marked
- A personal diary of
- A collection of articles by
a bunch of serious wiseguys, including their analysis of the
growing problem of